How to prevent Rats
Now that the fields have been cut and the temperature is starting to drop Rats are looking for new homes and a food source.
You can put steps in place to try and avoid a rat infestation:
- Eliminate any harbourage points such as sealing gaps around pipes and under sheds; rats only need a gap of 15mm to gain entry.
- Remove potential nesting sites by keeping yards and gardens clean and tidy, by cutting back overgrown areas and clearing any piles of wood/debris.
- Ensure that drain inspection covers are in a good state of repair.
- Cover any household waste where rats can get access to it, close dustbin lids and cover compost heaps.
- If you feed garden birds, do not do this to excess and use a bird table or feeder basket if possible.
- If in doubt call SWAT Pest Control for free advice
Publish date: Wed 17th Oct 2018